Canada is one of the best study abroad destinations in the world. Canadian degrees, certificates, and diplomas are fully recognized worldwide and are considered internationally equal to equivalent degrees in the U.S. and other Commonwealth countries. Nevertheless, Canada has a wide range of quality educational institutions with a variety of degree programs. Canadian universities are consistently recognized in top international rankings.

Canada is a preferred choice for thousands of international students attending college or university. With the high standards of academic excellence, the costs of tuition and living are significantly lower than in other English-speaking countries such as the United States, England, and Australia. Furthermore, the provincial and territorial governments offer a significant number of loans, scholarships, grants, and other financial assistance to students in order to encourage their desire for and access to higher education. To learn more, visit our dedicate website for student, CLICK HERE.


Canada is a multicultural country and represents almost all of the globe’s ethnic groups. Over the past century and a half, Canada has welcomed around 15 million immigrants and is home to a large number of indigenous people, including First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities. This multicultural diversity leads Canada to be a welcoming environment and brings new perspectives in today’s global marketplace. Additionally, Canada’s national policy for multiculturalism, which was attained in 1971, ensures that people’s customs and traditions are preserved and respected, as well as the value and dignity of all inhabitants.


With a friendly and open nature, Canada is considered to be a relatively peaceful, politically stable, and safe place to live. Effective government, absence of corruption, low crime rates, welcoming people, and welfare support system with inexpensive medical insurance make Canada a good choice for a study destination and for settlement. In addition, the 2015 report from the Reputation Institute ranked Canada as the most admired country with the best reputation in the world, based on a variety of environmental, political, and economic factors.


Canada is well-known as a bilingual country with two official languages: English and French. The majority of Canada’s French-speaking inhabitants live in the province of Quebec, but there are also French-speaking communities throughout the country, with English as the main language of communication in the rest of the provinces and territories. Canada is considered to be a world leader in English and French language training. It offers superior English as a Second Language (ESL) and French as a Second Language (FSL) programs for domestic and foreign students.


International students in Canada have the opportunity to work during their studies and after their educational programs have been completed. While studying, international students may work part- time on campus and off campus too. Furthermore, upon completion of their program, they have an opportunity to get a post-graduate work permit, valid for up to three years. If they qualify, they may remain in the country permanently under Canadian Experience Class (CEC). International students who have graduated with a degree and have at least one year of Canadian work experience don’t have to leave in order to apply for permanent residency.


Getting a student visa might take some time and in some cases can be a surprisingly difficult and confusing procedure. Nevertheless, Canada welcomes more than 130,000 foreign students each year, and the number is consistently growing. In order to become an international student in Canada, you may need to obtain a student visa, which is often referred to as Canadian study permit, for the specific duration of stay. If you are planning to study in Canada for six months or less, you do not need a Canadian study permit.

Once you have a Canadian study permit, you can apply to renew it from within Canada if you decide to continue your studies. A student permit offers some benefits for full-time international students such as working part-time on-campus, working off-campus, applying for internships, and exploring job opportunities while studying.

In addition, your immediate family (spouses or common-law partners, and children) can accompany you and stay in Canada for the same duration of your Study Permit. Nevertheless, spouses or common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for an open work permit, which means they do not need a job offer or a labour market opinion from Service Canada.

Before you can apply for a study permit, you must have already been accepted at a Canadian college or university which is on the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) list. University and college students should apply a year before they want to start their studies. To apply for a study permit you must receive a Letter of Acceptance from an authorized school or university in Canada. Also, you will be required to provide additional documents including proof of identity, proof of financial support, and letter of explanation.

Students studying in Quebec must also apply for a certificate of acceptance, known as a CAQ, from the government of Quebec. They must acquire this before they are permitted to apply for a study permit. Students can get application for a certificate of acceptance online by printing out a form, or by requesting a paper form from your university, which will also provide advice on how to process this document. To learn more, CLICK HERE.

Once you have received the Letter of Acceptance, you can begin applying for the study permit. There are two ways to fill out the application form: either by paper or online. Additionally, you will be required to pay your application fees. In some cases, IRCC may require you to undergo medical examinations and provide Police Clearance Certificates.

After your application is approved, a temporary resident visa (TRV) might be issued if you are from a country from which Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires TRVs for entry into Canada. Furthermore, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) might be issued as well, if you are not from a visa-exempt country. As of March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa.

Once you arrive in Canada, you must maintain you student status. For instance, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable progress towards completion of your program. Otherwise, failure to do so may lead to your removal from Canada.

International students may gain relevant working experience by working off campus during their studies. If they qualify, they may work up to 20 hours per week regular academic sessions, and work full time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring breaks. For some academic programs, work experience is a part of the curriculum. International students who wish to participate in a co-op or internship program must apply for a work permit as well as a study permit.